A new year means new resolutions. If you’re looking for Frederick County new homes or homes for sale in Washington DC this year, then it’s time to get your financial situation and personal needs in order. As a potential homebuyer, here are six resolutions you should consider in 2014.
1. Check your credit history and credit score. Lenders consider borrowers with credit scores of 780+ to be the best customers. Now’s the time to stop using credit cards, pay down your balances and make payments on time to ensure your credit is in top shape.
2. Figure out how much you can afford. Evaluate your finances and get pre-approved for a mortgage loan. This will help you know what your budget will be and find homes that you can afford.
3. Start saving for a down payment. The more money you can contribute upfront, the more attractive you are as a borrower to lenders. In return, you’ll borrow less and end up owing less money in the long run.
4. Make a “wish list” of your new home needs. Before you can begin the buying process, you have to know what you can’t live without in your home. With a number of floor plans to choose from and Selection Centers to guide you in the details, homebuilders like Advantage Homes have plenty of personal options to make your dreams a reality.
5. Scope out neighborhoods for the best location. Consider things like neighborhood features, nearby transportation, community amenities, safety and more. Visit each neighborhood in person to get a good feel for whether the area is a good match for you and your family.
6. If you want a custom built home designed to your personal needs, then start connecting with MD home builders like Advantage Homes. Our builders encourage prospective buyers to review our floor plans, visit our new home communities and tour our model homes. You can check out our website for gallery images and site plans.
If 2014 is the year you plan to build a new home, then you owe it to yourself to give Advantage Homes a call. As experienced new home builders, Advantage Homes builds unmatched and high-quality new homes throughout Maryland and now Virginia. For more details about finding a new home in the new year, call us at 301-540-1778.