Energy efficiency is becoming less and less an option and more of a necessity in homebuilding these days. Energy efficient homes not only benefit the environment, but the homeowner as well — in cost savings, comfort and health.
As experienced homebuilders with beautiful Maryland new homes for sale, we’ve known that green building was more than just a trend for some time now. Advantage Homes is proud to say that every one of our homes not only meets Energy Star® requirements, each Advantage Home exceeds Energy Star® by 20 percent, as certified by a third-party inspector.
We call it e+Advantage. It’s the way we build energy-efficient Maryland new homes that go way beyond the requirements set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency — and beyond our competition.
Advantage Homes energy efficiency as measured by the HERS index. The lower a home's HERS Index, the more energy efficient it is in comparison to the HERS Reference Home.
“We are a caring, environmentally friendly company that wants to promote energy conservation and Green Building practices,” says Advantage Homes President Rick Centra.
We are one of the few homebuilders in Maryland that has made such an impressive commitment to energy-efficient building for 100 percent of our homes.
These features help our homes deliver top quality energy savings:
- Certification by an authorized third-party rater
- Low-E double paned single hung windows that keep heat in during winter and out during summer
- High-efficiency 90+ natural gas direct vent furnace, 13 SEER high-efficiency air conditioner, programmable thermostat
- High-efficiency hot water heater that uses 10-15 percent less energy than standard hot water heaters
- Air seal package for the entire house, including Mastic on duct work to reduce air leakage and energy bills
- Genuine Tyvek Housewrap, provides an effective water barrier and windbreaker
- Insulated garage walls, ceiling and garage door for attached garages
- Energy Star® kitchen appliances that use 10-50 percent less energy
- Premium insulation package: R49 in most areas of attic, R15 in exterior walls
Our standard construction involves energy-efficient practices that exceed many other homebuilders right from the foundation. Our foundation walls are waterproofed, have interior and exterior drain tile, sloped concrete floors in drain areas and more. These energy-saving standards are constant throughout the home, from the windows and hardware to the trim and lighting.
To view even more details about e+Advantage and view our Frederick homes and regional communities, visit our website: www.advantagehomesusa.com.